Stretch your entire body with this set of flexibility exercises. A 10 minute static stretching routine to improve your joint range of motion and stretch your muscles, tendons and ligaments. Breathe deeply, relax your body and de-stress!
FLEXIBILITY EXERCISES INSTRUCTIONS
WARM UP AND WORKOUT
Start your workout routine with a set of full body dynamic warm up exercises, continue with a 30 minute cardio workout and finish with these flexibility exercises.
1. Child’s pose: 30 seconds. Extend your arms as far as you can, keep your knees wide and your toes together.
2. Ab stretch: 30 seconds. Keeping your pelvis on the mat, straighten your arms and slowly lift your torso.
3. Cat cow stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Keep your spine relaxed and don’t bounce between positions.
4. Hip flexor stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Kneel on your left leg and bend your right leg in front of you at a 90 degree angle. Shift your weight forward and feel the stretch in your hips.
5. Hamstring stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your back and lift your left leg up. Hold your thigh and pull the leg towards your chest.
6. Glute stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Cross the left leg over the right and bring both knees towards your chest. Pull the right leg towards you, hold the stretch and repeat with the opposite leg.
7. Standing forward bend: 30 seconds. Keep your knees straight and bend forward, by rotating your hip joints. Grab the back of your ankles and hold for 30 seconds.
8. Quad stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Maintain your back straight and keep your thighs together. If you need extra support you can hold onto a wall.
9. Calf stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. As you drop your hips down and forward, push your back heel down into the floor and keep your back knee straight.
10. Neck stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Don’t force the stretch beyond the neck’s normal range of motion and avoid any aggressive movements.
11. Shoulder stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Grasp one elbow and gently pull it towards your chest. Don’t bounce your arms and keep the movement smooth.
12. Biceps stretch: 30 seconds. Clasp your hands behind your back, rotate your hands and raise your arms until you feel the stretch in your biceps and chest.
SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS