Sculpt, tone and tighten your whole body at home with this Summer Body Complex for women. A high intensity circuit designed to improve your cardiovascular endurance and speed up your metabolism in just 30 minutes!
SUMMER BODY COMPLEX INSTRUCTIONS
Start this summer body complex with a full body warm up routine.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Squat with overhead tricep extension: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet a little wider than shoulder width apart, hold a dumbbell in each hand and raise your arms up and over your head. Squat until your thighs are parallel to the floor, and lower the dumbbells to the back. Stand up and repeat until the set is complete.
2. Around the worlds: 45 seconds. Lie down with your arms by your sides and the palms facing the ceiling. Pull your arms away from the body in a semi-circular movement, and bring the dumbbells over your head.
3. Wood chop: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and hold a dumbbell with both hands. Rotate your torso to the right and raise the dumbbell until it’s over your right shoulder. Squat as you rotate your torso to the left, and bring the dumbbell diagonally across the body until it’s close to your left hip. Repeat for 30 seconds and switch sides.
4. Chest press: 45 seconds. Lie down, hold a dumbbell in each hand and keep your palms facing your feet. Raise the dumbbells up, directly above your shoulders, and breathe out.
5. Lawnmower pull: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Get up, hold a dumbbell in your left hand, squat, rotate your torso to the right, and bring the dumbbell toward your right foot. Stand up, rotate your torso slightly to the left, and raise the dumbbell until it’s close to your left shoulder. Switch sides and repeat.
6. Standing side bend: 45 seconds. Stand up, holding a dumbbell with both hands, and raise your arms up and above your head. Bend your torso to the right, as far as it feels comfortable, pause, and bend it to the left.
7. Reverse lunge shoulder press: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start with your feet shoulder width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Position the dumbbells at your shoulders, take a step back with your right leg and lunge. As you stand back up, push the dumbbells up and lift your right knee to waist level. Repeat for 30 seconds and switch legs.
8. Plank straight arm kickback: 45 seconds. Get into a plank position, with your wrists under your shoulders and your feet hip width apart. Lift one arm up and back, keeping it straight. Lower your arm to the starting position, repeat, and switch sides.
9. Split squat curl: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a split leg position, with one leg forward and one leg back. Flex your knees, lower your hips, squeeze the biceps and curl. Lower your arms as you stand back up, repeat for 30 seconds and switch leg positions.
10. Wall sit rotation: 60 seconds. Start in a squat position, with your thighs parallel to the floor, your back against a wall, and hold a dumbbell or a medicine ball with both hands. Twist your torso to the right, and then reverse the motion, twisting it to the left. Repeat for 60 seconds.
Stretch your body and calm your mind with a full body stretching routine.