Creating a healthy meal plan means that you are planning out what you are eating before hand so that you can make sure that you reach your goals.
Each day you are burning calories all day long, but of course you burn more when you add exercise to your daily routine.
When it comes to losing or gaining:
If you want to lose weight, you need to be in a slight caloric deficit.
If you want to gain weight, you need to be in a slight caloric surplus.
What to Consider
A healthy meal plan has the calories and macro targets needed to reach your goals of toning and building lean muscle. Which we will touch on later.
You can eat unhealthy and still hit your calorie and macro targets, but people often find that they still feel hungry at the end of the day. This is because your body is craving healthy nutrients that you are not getting unless you are eating healthier foods.
Plus, wouldn't you rather eat more and feel more full during your day with more energy rather than sluggish and left hungry?
Having a meal plan that includes healthier foods also means that you will be digesting better and reach your goals easier.
Making your Plan
- Consider your daily life and how many meals you would be able to ideally fit and eat through your day. Decide if you need meals that are easier to eat on the go with your job.
- Calculate your calories and macros based on your goals. Plug them into an app.
- Start looking at different meal options and what you would like to eat for the number of meals and snacks that you have.
- Plug the recipes or ingredients into an app.
- Change around the quantities and volume of your food as needed to hit your targets for the day.
- Make your grocery list from your plan for how many days you want to prep for.
I offer Nutrition Coaching where I will personally calculate everything for you based on your goals, needs, and abilities. Taking all of the guesswork out of your nutrition and giving you a custom plan that will fit you!
My customized meal plan includes a macronutrient breakdown (Protein, Carbohydrate, Fats per meal) along with a table of approved foods. This allows you not only the flexibility in your meals but will also allow you to LEARN which foods work best for you. Additionally, you get recommended times when you should eat and workout to ensure that you are staying on track. Lastly, I would get more in-depth with foods you should eat based on blood type and customize it to your needs. If you have any dietary need those will be considered also. Each week we will check-in via photos and text discussing your week to week progress.
30 Day Custom Meal Plan
All Training and Meal Plans offered through the Official RPF Training App (iOS and Android), RPF Training App preview below. Turn around time is 48 hours.